Timeline & Checklist for Internship Registration
Internships require time and planning to arrange. The instructions below are designed
to make the process of registering for your capstone academic internship as smooth
and simple as possible to ensure a quality experience.
6 or more months before start of internship:
- Review the resume and employment resources on the Center for Career Development website.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to determine your eligibility for an internship.
- Refer to this link for your specific major’s internship requirements and deadlines.
- Enroll in the Internship Orientation Course for your major (if applicable) for the
semester prior to your intended internship.
3–6 months before start of internship:
- Secure a Faculty Internship Supervisor and discuss career goals and internship interests.
- Send inquiries and resumes to employers and potential internship sites that match
your interests and goals.
- Review the Internship Student Learning Outcomes for your major to prepare for your interviews.
- Once you’ve secured an internship, work with your Site Supervisor and Faculty Supervisor
to develop your Objectives & Activities for your internship.
- Meet with the Coordinator of Internships if you have any questions about the internship
registration process, deadlines or forms.
2–3 months before start of internship:
- Complete Internship Learning Agreement (ILA) web form and submit it by the deadline for your internship semester. Check your email frequently to complete the signature process on your ILA.
- Register for INTR 400 for the semester in which you plan to intern.
- Complete a FAFSA if applicable for Financial Aid for the academic year or semester in which you plan to intern.
One month before the start of internship:
- Verify in Banner Web that INTR 400 has been replaced with your major specific internship
- Meet with your Faculty Internship Supervisor to review the syllabus for your internship,
reporting requirements and how you will be graded.
- Verify that you received a bill for tuition and fees for your internship and make
If you have any questions, please contact:
Amanda Hantho, Coordinator of Internships and Graduate Pathways
Warner Hall 103