Apply // HEERF // Careers at Cobleskill

Documentation Guidelines to Receive Accommodations

In order to receive accommodations such as extra time, separate locations, test reading, etc, complete the following steps.

Step 1: You will need to submit the following documentation.

Please click and print the forms located below.


Step 2: You will need to meet with the Coordinator of AccessABILITY Resources. 

Contact Wendi Richards, Associate Director of AccessABILITY Resources & Transition, to set up an appointment at richarwa@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5870.

Documentation of a Learning Disability

SUNY Cobleskill requires a comprehensive and current diagnosis of a disability as stated on a complete psychological and educational evaluation. Standard scores and percentiles should be included for each test.

Testing Must Address the Following:

Acceptable instruments are the WAIS-R IV, Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, and The Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Ability. Sub-test scores should be included. An adult normed evaluation is preferred.

Current levels of functioning in reading, mathematics and written language are highly recommended. Acceptable instruments include: the Woodcock-Johnson Psychoeducational Battery, Test of Achievement (WJ-R), the Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT), Test of Written Language - 2(TOWL), Woodcock Reading Mastery Test-R or Stanford Diagnostic Mathematics Test.

PLEASE NOTE: The Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT) is NOT a comprehensive measure of achievement and therefore, is not acceptable as a testing instrument.

Information Processing
Specific areas of information processing (e.g.) short and long term memory, auditory and visual perception/processing, and processing speed) must be assessed. Use of sub-tests from the
WAIS or WISC is acceptable.

Important to Note:

SUNY Cobleskill does not accept Career Development and Occupational Studies Commencement Credential (CDOS) or The Skills and Achievement Commencement Credential. Applicants for admission must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma.


Documentation of ADD/ADHD


Documentation of Physical, Medical or Mental Health

Students with physical, medical or mental health issues who are requesting services must provide documentation by an appropriate and qualified professional (medical doctor, licensed clinical social worker, psychiatrist, psychologist, or neurologist, etc.). Documentation should be on letterhead, signed by the professional, and should reflect the current functional impact of the disability.