As a patient of the Wellness Center, you have the right to:
- Be treated with respect, consideration, and dignity with attention to confidentiality
and privacy, in a clean and safe environment.
- Expect that disclosures and records are treated confidentially, and the opportunity
is given to approve or refuse their release, except when a release is required by
- When needed, staff members will communicate in the language or manner primarily used
- Receive complete information about your diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis. When
it is medically inadvisable to give such information to a patient, the information
is provided to a person designated by the patient or to a legally authorized person.
- Participate in decisions involving their health care, except when such participation
is contraindicated for safety and/or medical reasons.
- Information concerning:
- Patient rights, including those specified in 1-4 above
- Patient conduct and responsibilities
- Services available at the Wellness Center
- Fees for services
- Payment policies
- Your right to refuse to participate in experimental research
- Advance directives, as required by state or federal law and regulations
- The credentials of health care professionals
- Methods for expressing grievances and suggestions about our services and your treatment.
- Be informed of your right to change your provider if other qualified providers are
- Treatment without discrimination as to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, or marital status.
- The names of Wellness Center Staff involved in your care.
- Receive information, prior to treatment, regarding any associated risks or complications.
- Refuse treatment and to be informed of the consequence of such action.
- Be informed about further health care needs following your discharge from the Wellness
Center or when transfer to a hospital is recommended.
- Concerns or grievances regarding any aspect of care may be directed to Lynn Ontl,
As a patient of the Wellness Center, we believe you have the responsibility to:
- Adhere to the Beard Wellness Center and SUNY Cobleskill Covid-19 related policies
- Provide all health information as required by state law and information requested
by your provider.
- Provide complete and accurate information to the best of your ability about your health,
any medications, including over-the-counter products and dietary supplements, and
any allergies or sensitivities.
- Follow the treatment plan prescribed by your provider and participate in your care.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport you home from the facility and remain with
you if required by your provider.
- Inform your provider about any living will, medical power of attorney or other directive
that could affect your care.
- Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by your insurance.
- Be courteous and respectful to staff and fellow patients, showing the same consideration
you would like to receive.
- Respect the time set aside for your appointments and give as much notice as possible
when an appointment cannot be kept.
- Understand that when emergencies arise, your appointment may be unavoidably delayed.
- Help us maintain and improve the quality of care and service you receive by sharing
your concerns and comments with us.
Students will be encouraged to make responsible decisions about class attendance during
times of illness or injury, based on consultation with their faculty, class attendance
policies, their academic standing in the class, and the student's consideration of
their status toward recovery.
Medical excuses or "notes" excusing students from class will not be provided. However, confirmation of the dates and times a student received treatment
at the Wellness Center will be released to faculty, with written permission from the
In the rare situations where the nature of the illness or injury is such that Wellness
Center staff recommend that a student leave campus, be admitted to the hospital, or
return home for respite or specialized care, staff will obtain written permission
from the student to notify faculty of a student's need to miss classes. In addition,
we will encourage students to make arrangements for missed notes and assignments.